Saturday, December 29, 2012

Review (Short Story): Ho-Ho-Homicide by John G. Hartness


Genre: Humor/Paranormal/Short Story
Formats available: ebook (single short), print (omnibus)
Publication Date: December 10, 2011
Word Count: approx. 8,000
Print Length: approx 21 pgs (estimated)
Epub pages: 24 (story text ends at 19 pgs)
Kindle Locations: 384 (story text ends at 85%)  
Series: Bubba The Monster Hunter
Source: My Library

MY THOUGHTS: Bubba the monster hunter goes undercover as a mall Santa to a catch some vicious man-eating pixies in his own humorous redneck way. Pixies beware! Bubba's gone a-hunting with his buxom novice nun sidekick who also sidelines as Santa's elf assistant. Bubba shows a little Christmas spirit in this story when he Santa helps out a homeless family. I thought that was a nice touch and I'm curious if it is unique to this particular Bubba episode or if he displays a little heart in all his adventures. I guess there is only way one to find out.

There were about 10 typos in this story, which I think is a bit much for a short story but 5 were actually a repeated name misspelling. It is probably something that many readers may not even pick up on. A fun read. This is my first Bubba story, but I'll be looking for more!

My favorite line: 
"Yeah, I'm not ashamed to use the death of a hundred pixies to cover up the sound of a good long fart. Sue me."

Rating: 3.5 stars 
Typos found: 10

Side note and apropos to nothing: The title, Ho-Ho-Homicide, sounds more like a Christmas murder mystery to me than a humorous paranormal story.

---oOo---

Purchase at:  Smashwords | Amazon 
Find John G. Hartness on the web: WebsiteTwitter 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! If your comment does not appear immediately then it was probably caught by the spam filter for some reason and is awaiting moderation.